In an effort to support our youth and families within the community as they return to school, The City of Columbia Parks and Recreation Department would like to provide free meals (which is inclusive of breakfast and lunch) to youth 18 years of age and under. There will be 10 meal distribution sites where families will be able to drive-up and pick-up their meals.
Meals will be distributed Monday, August 10th through Friday August 28th 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. The City of Columbia Parks and Recreation Department has partnered with a local faith-based organization who is authorized through the USDA (US Department of Agriculture), providing well-balanced nutritious meals. Families can pick up a lunch meal for that day and also a breakfast meal they can eat the next morning. The (10) distribution sites will cover all City Council districts.
WHEN: August 10-28 ; Monday-Friday
TIME: 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
WHO: Youth 18 Years of Age and Under
MEAL DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS
- Booker Washington Heights Culture Arts Center- 2611 Grant Street
- All Stars Baseball Field- 3920 Lester Drive (Colony/North Point)
- Greenview Park- 6700 David Street
- MLK Park- 2300 Greene Street
- Hampton Park- 1117 Brandon Avenue
- Heathwood Park- 800 Abelia Road
- Hyatt Park-950 Jackson Avenue
- Lorick Park-1600 Lorick Avenue
- Pinehurst Park- 2300 Pinehurst Road
- South Edisto Park- 1914 Wiley Street
- Woodland Park-6500 Olde Knight Parkway